The Perry County Youth Archers Program is an archery instruction program designed to introduce archery to youth. Each shooter will learn safety, a proper shooting technique, and have the opportunity for competition. Perry County Archers now consists of two youth programs:
- Intro to Archery class, 10 yard class held on Saturdays every January – February
- S3DA program that runs from January through July. See below for more details.
Director/Instructor: Carla Orris, S3DA Certified and USA Archery Certified Level II Instructor
Contact Carla at 717-636-4282
Program updates posted to this website and the Perry County Youth Archers Facebook page.
2022 Intro to Archery
This is a beginner, 10 yard class! If the youth participant is new to archery and wants to learn the basics, please consider this program. Ages eligible for the program (age is as of January 1) 7 – 17(or senior in high school).
- Cost = Membership to Perry County Archers for the youth participant at a minimum- see membership app for pricing
- Dates = Saturdays from January 8 – February 26
- Time = 9am to 10am, please be prompt and ready to shoot at 9am
- Space is limited to 30 shooters!
- Forms needed:
2022 Perry County S3DA Program
This is a Scholastic 3D Archery Program that runs from January through July/early August and covers all disciplines of shooting (indoor, outdoor, and 3D). Participant must have their own equipment to join this class. Ages for the program (age as of January 1) are 9 through Senior in high school. Please see additional information on the S3DA program at: https://www.s3da.org/ and http://perrycountyarchers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2022-S3DA-Info.pdf.
- Cost =
- Perry County Archers Membership: Youth =$25 per year, OR Family = $65 per year (first year, then $60/yr to renew)
- S3DA membership required (www.s3da.org): $25 per year (plus a $2 admin fee)
- Perry County S3DA fee: $25 per year *helps the club with target costs and additional items for the S3DA program
- Total for Perry County Archers S3DA participants (without family plan) will be $77.00
- Dates = Indoor Target Practice is Saturdays from January 8 through March 5.
- Time = 10:30am – 12noon
- Outdoor program practices begin in March. The program director will work with participants to pick the best day of the week for Outdoor target and 3D practice. Practice will continue one time per week through early August.
- Space is limited to 28 participants. It is acceptable to only compete indoors, or outdoors, but we do encourage participants to make it to as many practices as possible throughout the year, as it will offer a more rounded archery experience and space is limited.
- Forms needed:
PRE REGISTRATION DATES for Intro to Archery and S3DA
ALL participants MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED! No walk-ins will be accepted in January!
Sun December 12 – 11am – 1pm
Wed December 15 – 6pm – 7pm
Sat December 18 – 10am – 12noon
Rules and Expectations
- Instructor Expectations
- ALWAYS practice safety
- Show respect and kindness toward all, including yourself
- Be prepared
- Mind your manners (NO running, yelling, talking over others, etc.)
- Other Rules
- No archers allowed on shooting line unless registered for that class
- Participation in the program is strictly at the discretion of the participants and guardians.
- Safety, Bow Basics, Pulling Arrows, and First Shot flyer available. Please Click here