The Perry County Youth Archers Program is an archery instruction program designed to introduce archery to youth. Each shooter will learn safety, a proper shooting technique, and have the opportunity for competition. The program runs on Saturdays every January – March. See below for more details.
Instructor: Carla Orris, USA Archery Certified Level II Instructor
Contact Carla at 717-636-4282
Program updates posted to this website and the Perry County Youth Archers Facebook page.
2021 Program Information
Ages eligible for the program (age is as of January 1) 7 – 17(or senior in high school)
Cost of Program:
- Membership to Perry County Archers for the youth participant at a minimum- see membership application for pricing
PRE REGISTRATION IS COMPLETED FOR THE 2021 Program- All Classes are full.
Check back in November for 2022 Pre Registration dates
2021 Program Times:
- 10 yard class (Beginners)……………. 9:00am – 9:45am
- 15 yard class (Intermediate)………10:00am – 10:45am
- 20 yard class (Advanced/States)…11:00am – 11:45am
- *Additional States practices will be Wednesdays starting end of January
Rules and Expectations
- Instructor Expectations
- ALWAYS practice safety
- Show respect and kindness toward all, including yourself
- Be prepared
- Mind your manners (NO running, yelling, talking over others, etc.)
- Other Rules
- No archers allowed on shooting line unless registered for that class
- 2021 COVID Considerations
- Archers will shoot every other lane
- Social distancing is required
- Limit parents and siblings inside clubhouse
- Masks on when not on shooting line
- Please follow ALL CDC guidelines
- If you do not feel well, or need to quarantine for close contact, DO NOT COME
- Participation in the program is strictly at the discretion of the participants and guardians.
- Safety, Bow Basics, Pulling Arrows, and First Shot flyer available. Please Click here