The Perry County Youth Archers Program is an archery instruction program designed to introduce archery to youth. Each shooter will learn safety, a proper shooting technique, and have the opportunity for competition. Perry County Archers now consists of two youth programs:
- Intro to Archery class, 10 yard class held on Saturdays every January – February
- S3DA program that runs from December through September. See below for more details.
Head Coach and Youth Director:
Carla Orris– S3DA Advanced Certified, PA S3DA South Central Regional Coordinator, and USA Archery Level II Instructor
Contact Carla at 717-636-4282
Program updates posted to this website and the Perry County Youth Archers Facebook page. Team schedule and updates are sent to parents via Team Snap.
Rules and Expectations
- Instructor Expectations
- ALWAYS practice safety
- Show respect and kindness toward all, including yourself
- Be prepared
- Mind your manners (NO running, yelling, talking over others, etc.)
- Other Rules
- No archers allowed on shooting line unless registered for that class
- Participation in the program is strictly at the discretion of the participants and guardians.
- Safety, Bow Basics, Pulling Arrows, and First Shot flyer available. Please Click here
2023 Perry County S3DA Program
This is a Scholastic 3D Archery Program that runs from December through September and covers all disciplines of shooting (indoor, outdoor, and 3D). Participant must have their own equipment to join this class. Ages for the program (age as of January 1) are 8 through Senior in high school. Please see additional information on the S3DA program at: https://www.s3da.org/ and PCA-S3DA-Welcome-to-2023.pdf.
- Cost =
- Perry County Archers Membership: Youth =$25 per year, OR Family = $65 per year (first year, then $60/yr to renew)
- S3DA membership required (www.s3da.org): $25 per year (plus a $2 admin fee)
- Perry County S3DA fee: $65 per year *helps the club with target costs and additional items for the S3DA program
- Total for Perry County Archers S3DA participants (without family plan) will be $125.00
- Dates = Now on WEDNESDAYS from December 7, 2022 through September 27, 2023.
- Time 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- It is acceptable to only compete indoors, or outdoors, but we do encourage participants to make it to as many practices as possible throughout the year, as it will offer a more rounded archery experience and space is limited.
- Forms needed:
PRE REGISTRATION DATES FOR S3DA ONLY
ALL participants MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED! No walk-ins will be accepted in December
Sun OCTOBER 30, 2022 – 1pm – 3pm
Wed NOVEMBER 2, 2022 – 6pm – 7:30pm
S3DA Coaches Meeting
November 16, 2022 – 6-8pm
S3DA Parents Meeting
November 29, 2022 – 6-7:30pm
2023 Intro to Archery
This is a beginner, 10 yard class! If the youth participant is new to archery and wants to learn the basics, please consider this program. Ages eligible for the program (age is as of January 1) 7 – 17(or senior in high school).
- Cost = Membership to Perry County Archers for the youth participant at a minimum- see membership app for pricing
- Dates = THURSDAYS. Jan 5 – Feb 23, 2023
- Time = 6:30-7:30pm, please be prompt and ready to shoot at 6:30pm.
- Space is limited to 28 shooters!
- Forms needed: